We love our volunteers!
For the security of our residents, all volunteers who help at our facilities are required to complete a background check. To become a volunteer, please complete the application.Volunteer Application Form
Our volunteers make our work possible.
Ruth’s House would love to have you or your group volunteer with us. Our ability to offer help and hope is made possible by the contributions of our many volunteers, who together give about 4,000 hours each year to support our work and our residents.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Front Desk Receptionist – Love helping others and have availability during weekdays? We are looking for front desk receptionists to help out at the shelter answering doors and phones and logging donations.
- Seasonal Outdoor Maintenance lawn mowing, snow removal, shoveling, weeding etc.
- Office Helper, assist with various administrative tasks; filling, data entry, and grant research. Some work can be done from home
- Donations Helper– helping the shelter collect donations, logging donations, organizing and sorting donations, engaging and communicating with donors
- Childcare Volunteers – Come play with the kids while their moms attend weekly meetings and classes. Short shifts available Wednesday evenings, once a month on Sunday afternoons, and Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Handy Person – Our shelter home was built in 1890. With an old, historic home comes the need for routine maintenance. We could use help changing out the lights, routine fixes on things like leaky faucets, installing carpet, and fixing a leaky bike tire. If you’re a handyman by trade or just because you enjoy it, we could use your help.
- Helping Hearts Event committee member– help plan, organize and run our annual fundraiser.
For information regarding volunteer opportunities please contact Carrie at
email@example.com or call 507-334-5043.
Other Ways to Help
In addition to volunteering your time and talents, you can help Ruth’s House in many other ways:
- Donate house supplies (current list available here and published periodically in the Faribault Daily News and Northfield News).
- Attend our annual Helping Hearts Event/Gala on February 11, 2023, and consider making a donation to the silent, live, and dessert auctions.
- Pray and meditate for the mission of Ruth’s House and the well-being of the families we serve.
- You can always make a difference with a financial contribution.